Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Of Trees and Men

“I would never have eaten of the forbidden fruit. With the whole garden at my disposal, and the explicit treat being called The Tree of Life, why would one even think to sample such a frivolity?”

Why? It is a sad thing. Though one can hardly explain, “Why?”, we ALL eat of The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, every day. Aside from our daily failure to withstand temptation, we eat of it when we want redemption. Do I find myself, in each and every exposed moment, saying, “Oh, Tree of Life, let me find, in your fruit, solace from this bitter mouthful of temptation’s juices.” I do not. Steadfastly I will go directly to the forbidden tree, where there I will try to find some knowledge of my own goodness, for the bartering needed to erase the knowledge of the evil I’ve done.

It matters not what the forbidden fruit is. The matter lies in the plucking of yet another, in attempt to find the antidote for it’s deadly poison.

“With such another explicit treat, why would One even think to sample my own frivolity?

Oh, Tree of Life, please find, in Your fruit, solace from this bitter mouthful of mine own fruit offerings. “

No comments: